Monday, July 15, 2013

Ramadan Kareem 2013




July 10th marked the start of the Holy month of Ramadan. It is my first Ramadan in Somalia. I passed three while I was living in Morocco. As a non-Muslim and outsider I truly enjoy this time soaking in the local culture around this time. People are very focused during this time. By choice I choose to fast with my Muslim friends, and seek a better spiritual relationship.  Muslims during daylight hours do not drink or eat. This, in my opinion, offers a constant reminder of those who thirst and are hungry throughout the year. Ramadan forces one to be conscious, which much needed in this world today.

I wish all my Muslim friends a successful Holy month and that it is a time of spiritual reflection, improvement and increased devotion.
-a-

Click Here for Facts, History, Dates, Greeting and Rules Of The Muslim Fast
Click Here for Ramadan 2013 in Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment